There is consumable data everywhere you look and nowadays, businesses are “hungry” for ways to analyze information. The ability to take this information and turn it into actions is the concept of Business Intelligence. There is not a set criteria for who can use Business Intelligence – all companies large and small can find immediate benefits from analyzing their data and turning this information into actionable results. No need to worry about the data platform at your organization because at Affirma Consulting, we are what I like to call, “platform agnostic” when it comes to Business Intelligence. We have expertise and proven experience in many toolsets including SAP, Tableau, Oracle, and Microsoft.
Below are three recent survey results centered on Business Intelligence in 2016.
- “In its just-released annual IT forecast, TEKsystems found that business intelligence and big data holds the number two spot for technology topics that will have the biggest impact on the enterprise in 2016, a repeat of the 2015 findings.”
- “Research firm Gartner Inc. predicts that by 2016, 25 percent of large global companies will have adopted big data analytics… up from 8 percent today, and will achieve a positive return on investment within the first six months of implementation.”
- “In 2016, people will seek empowerment across the data continuum…the demand for self-service data preparation tools and even self-service data warehouse will grow as a natural extension of self-service analytics.”
The apex of a Business Intelligence solution requires a data warehouse, adopted self-service analytical solution, and on-demand access to near real-time data. However, getting started with Business Intelligence does not require an expensive and complicated technical investment. You can get started today with common tools such as Microsoft Excel. If you are interested in dashboards and mobile reporting, Microsoft allows you to use their new PowerBI.com services for free. Let Affirma Consulting show you how to get started today using your existing applications.
As Uncle Ben quoted in the 2002 Spiderman movie, “…with great power, comes great responsibility.” This quote can be applied to Business Intelligence – greater data analysis power yields greater business decisions. Do you already have a Business Intelligence solution or are you looking to implement a solid solution? If so, where are YOU on the Affirma Business Intelligence Maturity Curve?
Copyright 2015, Affirma Consulting
Consider these five questions when evaluating your placement on the Curve:
- Do employees across your organization need a way to quickly develop reports, analytics and dashboards?
- Are you looking for methods to increase collaboration and unlock new insights in your data?
- Are you looking for a centralized “source of truth” for reporting?
- Are you looking for mobile reporting?
- Are you looking for predictive analytics?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you need to consider a Business Intelligence strategy for 2016. Call or e-mail us today to see how we can help your company move upwards on the Business Intelligence Maturity Curve. Affirma Consulting can help build your Business Intelligence strategy and partner with you to fully implement the solution.
Comments are closed.